I Sold My Life for 10,000 Yen per Year. - Vol. 2 Ch. 11.5 - The Unspoken Lightness of Being

I don't understand this chapter. What relevance does it have to the rest of the story?
Who are these two?

I don't understand this chapter. What relevance does it have to the rest of the story?
Who are these two?

@Sage009
From what i understand, i think it's the author's way of saying that the past of a person doesn't matter if they want to become a better person in the future. People deserve a second chance if they want to work for it. Sure, you can't change the past, but you can change the future.

It also happened with MC in the main story. His remaining 30 days are pretty valuable that it managed to pay most of Miyagi's debt that she only need to work for 3 years to pay it off.

Basically, don't forget your past but live your best life for yourself and for your beloved people as if you only have a little time on earth. That's what i think.

@datamaru I feel like that's the entire point the manga was trying to make in the first place, so this wasn't really a necessary chapter.

Just ignore my comment and dont take it seriously because I'm also not quite sure.

This dude already sold his lifespan and that little girl apparently his observer pretend to be his daughter.
When in the road he just make a glances to the MC that return from building after sold lifespan.
And yeah, this dude made an absolute correct answer for the deep question from old man.

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping that we could see how the two spend their last three days and how the community would react to both their simultaneous deaths. Well, at least I don't have to shed another tear.

@crynelleciaz Pretty good theory. I thought it was weird that a father would talk about shortening his life in front of his daughter but then the girl mentioned "mister" and not "dad".

However, one plot hole to your hypothesis is that if he had sold his lifespan, he wouldn't guess zero. Why? Let's say that he had a value of 'x' to his lifespan. Logically, if 'x' were to be high enough, he won't be selling old books. Intuitively, if 'x' were to be low enough, anyone would think that value is the lowest it could be. If 'x' really is zero, that means he sold all of his life, except for one year, for zero dollars; his observer is this statement's evidence, according to your guess.

It's more likely that as @datamaru stated, the mangaka just wants to retell the essence of this story in a shorter format with a different perspective.

But at the end of the day, those two are mere background characters in a chapter that is just an extra; they may have a deep personality and a definite backstory but there isn't a point to inspect these people further since this is truly the end of the story.

Group Leader
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN I agree that I didn't have to shed more tears if there was extra chapters about the true last 3 days. I'd probably hide myself to cry for weeks if that was the case.

Dex-chan lover
Finished this short but bittersweet story in about 2 hours. Really nice read, even if from all the roads the story could’ve taken they chose the more predictable Shakespearean tale with a dash of being really cynical about life.
Though at the same time, this final sub-chapter perfectly ilustrates how stupid the idea of selling your life actually is, especially considering how much ridiculous fluctuation there is to this system and how anyone driven low enough to go for it wouldn’t even receive any good compensation for their lifespan.

Dex-chan lover
I think this chapter and 16.5 got shuffled around, this should go at the end of the manga not in the middle of it

Dex-chan lover
@datamaru
I got spoiled by your comment in regard to MC's last 30 days. This is only ch8.5, you shouldn't be openly talking about things that happen later. The story was written so well that you didn't exactly ruin it, but still I'd like you to put a spoiiler tag so others don't see it.

@orochijes Shit, i'm really sorry. IIRC, this chapter was put on mangadex after the last chapter when it released so i thought it was after the finale. I don't know why it was changed to chapter 8.5 since it's definitely for people who finished the book. I've put my comment in a spoiler tag, just in case. Thanks for the warning and sorry for the spoil :(

Users who are viewing this thread