Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - Vol. 2 Ch. 14.5 - Oscar Orcus

Double-page supporter
I can't believe they skipped all the sex scenes while they were down there for 2 months resting up.

For the manga only readers, Yue aggressively pursued Hajime until he finally gave in, then they boned. A lot.

Contributor
@vodkavodka

Yeah, the first volume was extremely entertaining. But by the time I finished the second one, I despaired. At this point I'd have to force myself to continue reading it. Just how in the world one can screw up the premise so. fucking. much. From folks' comments, thereon there'll just be more and more harem girls and with every one the plot would be more and more retarded. As if Shia wasn't a tragic handful.

@Marw

Oh, but he did, it's just that it's not pointed out in the manga adaptation. In fact, he ate every kind of monster he could, at least once, cyclopes included (got Diamond Skin skill from them that helped him survive that attack from the Hydra boss; still cost him an eye though). In LN he muses that by the end he stopped getting any skills or stat-ups from monsters at all. Hydra was the last thing that still raised his stats, but there was only one of it. Well, at least it didn't respawned during those two months.

Dex-chan lover
@N0Mi0
I know, right? LN author can't handle to make his MC consistent because of this jumping between the edgelord and softy. There is a constant contradictions because he risked his life for one girl, then almost let the other die, then after some mood swings he becomes super warm to his teacher, etc. MC constantly reminds how edgy he is, I absolutely can't understand what happened with author after the end of the 1vol of LN. And manga just sticks to the LN's events closely.

Contributor
@vodkavodka

Umu. At first, I thought if was just me not seeing eye to eye with author, but after a few days reading people's opinions it looks like most people don't really like the whole thing too. I guess it says it all. If you want a proper working harem, don't make your MC sleep with his love of the life for months and then start adding harem bunnies. It just doesn't really stick, y'know? In fact, I'm surprised manga still manages to be enjoyable even thought they cut out sex scenes which are quite important here.

..Err, as an aside, I followed up on that thought (or more like gave a textual form to my frustration) here earlier, if you'd like.

https://mangadex.org/thread/31071/3/#post_440516

Dex-chan lover
@N0Mi0
Quite enjoyable wall of text. I even checked this part in both LN and WN and I'm not sure that they had sex (in the WN and LN) that day when Shia was crying in the corner. So manga artist not only changed the script but also suggested sex between the lines.
But it could also be overthinking because in the end Yue told that she is OK with Shia as part of the harem (>"whatever happens between you and shia...") isn't it?

Contributor
@vodkavodka
>Quite enjoyable wall of text.

I'm actually quite happy with that appraisal, thanks, ahah.

Anyway, in case of WN/LN I'd say it's pretty much clear that there was no sex that night, since it's kinda ridiculous to imagine Hajime and Yue doing it with Shia nearby, in the very same room. If Yue was so open about it, she wouldn't try to procure a room for just her and Hajime in the first place. It's been pointed out that he ended up sleeping sandwiched between them. And if she were to join, it'd be a very-very huge deal, and no matter how lazy the author would be, he'd point it out. Shia, with how in heat she is, wouldn't act like normal in the next scene. In the end, we're talking about a guy that spent 1/4-1/3 of the previous volume describing sex.

The thing about 'whatever happens between you and Shia' is exactly what is says on the tin. But it's not her allowing it, it's her saying that even if something were to happen, she's confident that Hajime would be her nonetheless. She'd be quite sad nonetheless, and even Hajime himself mentions at some point that reacting to Shia would make Yue sad and he doesn't want to hurt her.

As for the manga, while not clearly stated, the overall tone and build-up really point in that direction, that is, that they had sex after it. With all that kicking out Shia, sitting on the bed, holding hands and slowly pulling their lips together. The fade-out into the night is there to show that the action transitioned into the night. I'd say it's very suggestive, and probably every reader could guess what happened. As a bonus, seeing that they're not really nervous about it, it shows that it's not their first time doing something like this, just that we, as readers, weren't in the loop.

Actually, that was a really outstanding move. Taking manga separately, in retrospective, one could only guess since when they started having that kind of relationship. I've seen people deducing that they had been having sex as far as since chapter 10. Also this way mangaka kinda kicks the WN's haremness in the balls, huh. Intrigued how he will handle the following parts regarding this topic.

Double-page supporter
Why are they calling his transmutation 'training'? That's not correct at all.

Fed-Kun's army
So so so so upset after reading these comments. Apparently lots of sex and no mention of regeneration skill from the sex? (Suppose it'd make little sense if sex gave him skills but manga didn't explain how eating shit gives him skills so..)

Anyway think the whole creation magic thing is damn stupid especially since he can't actually create crap. It literally seems to be what I thought that transmutation skill was.

Also STILL wondering why he hasn't eaten her flesh and gained regeneration. Does he ever? Dropping I guess even though it seemed fun. Regeneration thing pisses be off too much.

Banned
Either the Hydra or the Vampire should have given him Regeneration... but apparently no. Gots to have mecha-arm instead, otherwise it wouldn't be chuuni enough.

Aggregator gang
Everything was alright until the author decided to include this fucking rabbit, and then other girls, like... What's the fucking point? Hajime likes Yue, Yue likes Hajime, and he's not willing to fall for other women, like bruh, I've seen shitty cliche harems, but this is a shitty-made harem in itself.

Users who are viewing this thread