2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock. - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Power Uploader
Dunno about the translator, but the accent featured is Scottish. Apparently they were trying to get across a Hakata dialect, which is apparently different from the Kansai dialect that usually gets TL'd into a Southern accent. Good chance this'll probably get changed for future chapters.

Contributor
That "ego meeting" strikes a little too close to home for me; reminds me of the time I was briefly working with Google employees and a lot of them were very "cultured" and, well, used to everyone around them being likewise. It wasn't so awful like it is here, but occasionally it did feel like a really weird sort of peer pressure to be an "interesting" person.

(I guess, thankfully they were also all a bunch of nerds regardless—if working for a generic business office like this protagonist, maybe such a culture would indeed get this unbearable.)

Aggregator gang
I think if her ex already has another girl ready for marriage this quickly he was probably seeing someone else on the down low.

and I liked the scottish accent~

Fed-Kun's army
1) Loved the “ego meeting.” Funny stuff.
2) MC’s kouhai looks like she may be down for further “stimulation” some other time. Of course she’s gonna end up with mangaka roomie, but maybe on the rebound before that? I say go for it.
3) I get what the translator is doing, but the Scottish accent is distracting.

Dex-chan lover
First time in all my years of manga reading I've ever seen Scottish being used to stand in for a dialect. "Fookin" hilarious.

That ego meeting is essentially the equivalent of weebs using random Japanese words mid sentence. I wouldn’t want to be associated with them either.

I'm kinda into the accent, just wish I as more familiar with it so I could hear it in my head better

Dex-chan lover
The Scottish thing is pretty distracting to be honest, I can accept part of the joke being lost in translation, just give me a TL-note at the end of the chapter explaining the difference in the accent or just change the font and give me TL-note on the border of the page and that’s it.
Localizing it doesn’t make much sense on such a narrow reference, like, not even most english speakers are British. Most native english speakers in the world are American and there’s even more non native speakers than native speakers so the joke ends up making no sense to way more people than it could.

The shift in tone from the first group translating this is really jarring and distracting. I'm going to have to drop this manga because the "Ooo Arr Skottish peeples aboot" stuff is irritating.

Users who are viewing this thread