MangaDex v3 is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin
A new version of the site is on the way. You can test out the site at http://beta.mangadex.org .

(Please note that some features are not yet functional, like the dark theme. Your language/hentai settings on the main site will affect the beta site, as there is no way to change these on the beta currently.)

One of the main features is a redesigned reader - long strip will finally be available to guests.

Feedback is welcome!

is a Reindeer
VIP
New Reader Preview
ol8Cdv6.png

Cool, but I've already used to the current mangadex layout. :(
Just want to make sure, I can still the use the old one after Mangadex V3 had been released right?

This looks amazing! very well done! I like the new main page, it makes following the releases of new chapters much easier :D

However, the latest comment might be potential spoilers fest ... so maybe hide the comments or move them down the main page

The redesigned reader is very impressive! you can choose whichever method you like to read the chapters with so many different options! Although, the reader looks a little bit complicated with all these different icons, a simpler version might give a better user experience and look less intimidating :/

Overall, great job Mangadex Team! I am looking forward to the implementation of the new version

Towa-sama's Lover
Group Leader
MangaDex v3 is cool!
But. I prefer the simple layout like the current mangadex.

Miku best girl
Admin
@Kryon_PL

I have made a new page on the beta at /updates which is essentially the same as the current homepage, for those who prefer the current layout of updates.

@GoLD Valid concerns regarding spoilers. This is why only the manga comments are shown, as these should not contain spoilers. The chapter comments, which can contain spoilers, are not shown.

MD@Home
The new reader seems to work without any problems. Thank you, I vastly prefer double page mode!

On the beta front page, when you check the latest releases for your "Follows", it shows series that have been marked "dropped". I don't believe this is intended behavior since the "Follows" page on the main site doesn't show dropped series on the "Latest Updates" tab.

Edit: I prefer the new beta interface which allows me to hide the header and side panel. This seems to be very different from what others want but I'm just glad I don't have to block elements or create userstyles/scripts to control the presentation of the images.

Also more shortcuts like "wasd" for navigation and another to toggle the header may be good for desktop users. (Probably in the minority here again).

MD@Home
Thank you for pointing them out @Plykiya. I'll try changing them to see I can break anything

Edit: So the keyboard shortcuts themselves aren't customizable but it's nice to see a toggle for all the options in the settings. That's great stuff. This new reader is really awesome, especially the ability to move only one page in double page mode. (Could we get a keyboard shortcut to bring up the settings? Just noticed there isn't one.)

More observations from usage:
When you're on double page mode viewing a wide image (first image of chapter, 2 page color spread) and switching to single page mode, it skips the next page (second image in the chapter) and goes directly to the third page of the chapter. This may have something to do with cycling to long strip mode in between.. Tested using the first chapter of Darling in the Franxx. (Also note that I browse the web in a 8:9 ratio, because I don't like having wasted horizontal space, that may be screwing things up for the reader.)

Also when toggling the page order from "Left to Right" to "Right to Left" the controls and progress bar also get flipped. Is this intentional? It threw me off for a second since I accidentally went back a chapter instead of moving forward.

Contributor
Fabulous, Cool reader Mode. I approve this.
But the Home layout seems slowed and heavy compared before
The difference is 6 secs in my connection 1.2 mbps

Power Uploader
@CoolOtamegane
Do you have that issue on every time you visit? On the first time it's normal since there's like 3 MB of images for now, after loading that once and caching them it should be faster in the future.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Telcra it's intentional. Since you turn pages in that order, the bar should also change to reflect that.

Long strip is currently bugged. Switching to Long strip does not retain place in the chapter.

The new subdomain does not seem to be correctly configured to support HTTPS, this is a must!

Dex-chan lover
Is it possible to zoom in and out of each pages instead of the fit to height and no resize option thats currently available? Reading in the fit to height option just make nausea and sometimes pages are just too huge in the no resize option that it become annoying to scroll left and right.

Another question tho, how will this be implemented on the mobile website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread