One Punch Man (Webcomic/Original)

i really need the "proper drawed" manga come to thhis point :')

Double-page supporter
Honestly I much prefer this version. ONE's pacing and paneling is amazing, it's simple but space is used incredibly effectively in his art. I hope he comes back to it eventually now that Mob Psycho has finished.

Same, the "new" OPM is crap, really. It was good while it followed the original plot but not anymore.

Murata's version returned to One's original story, 'though. They simply added a tournament filler arc, which was pretty good overall (especially how they handled the 'big bad' ?).
Not to mention, the story board of the "filler" has been drawn by One himself. He still decides how the plot goes in the new version. Murata is only in charge of the improved art, and the flow of the battles (but never their end result, that's up to One). He sometimes streams when working on the upgraded version of One-Punch Man.

Although sometimes I do think the reactions of the characters and the like seem to be funnier in this version, if you can get over the average art style.
But seeing how long it has been since One last updated his original, I'd wager he's planning on making the collab the only one and full version of the manga. He does get paid for that one after all, while this webcomic is completely free. Can't survive on free work, now can he.

@gennew
It's still going, but under a different artist (same author) with a style more like the anime.
https://mangadex.org/manga/7139/one-punch-man Here it is!

One adds a bit more side stories/fleshes out story lines, but it's basically the same.
(Not quite at the point this one left off of though)

Double-page supporter
Man, the story just gets better and better, huh? Amazing. I have to agree, the pace is kinda different from the serialization, I'd say this one is more straight to the point, and maybe funnier too, sometimes, but if we're just gonna get amazing art and more built up tension instead, from now on, I'm honestly fine either ways.

Fed-Kun's army
It is a shame since I really prefer this version, the story loses some of it's charm for me when done with more detailed art.

Fed-Kun's army
Disappointed ONE is not doing any new content of his own anymore, after Mob ended... You would think with Mob being done he would focus on this more or something but It didn't happen.

Sad bc I also prefer this version over the Murata one (I like Murata's art and all but... is just not the same)

I heard this manga is just on hiatus for the sake of ONE's health and that he is currently busy with the Murata manga since it is taking a lot of time. It will continue one day when he gets better or when the Monster Association arc or the Psychic Sisters arc is reaching its end and the Murata manga needs more material.

I don't know how long it will take to continue, but with how the current arc is going. I have to say it's going to take a long time. But I still hope this will continue one day.

One is still writing the story for the published version, all of the new story stuff presented there is still written by One.

I can't figure out how to make a series default to longreader mode for other people (I remember I could back in Batoto), so if someone knows how to, please do.

@MrMister
Settings->more settings -> legeacy reader
Then you can can change reader mode to long strip when reading chapter. Only downside is that you will long strip for everything by doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread