Fala Scans Is Recruiting (almost all positions)!

Group Leader
Currently, this team has myself, who does the scanning, typesetting, a good chunk of the cleaning and the proofreading; as well as two other tight scheduled redrawers and spine blur removers (I do not and will not debind my books). We currently have two pending redraw cleaners.

I am currently looking for translators for our various projects as well our main project, as well as cleaners and redrawers. The main thing we need right now is translators, then redrawers and cleaners.

Presently our only scanlations are Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu and Thracia 776 related (and there are A LOT of books for us to cover - I'm talking over fifty books and MANY of them are 4Koma/Anthology books). At this time, we do not have any other plans, though they may happen in the future. While we may not have any other projects planned at this time, I am willing to work on other manga as long as the ones I have on priority are moving (meaning I may hop into other teams if they need help or pick up something entirely different if there are enough other people who would like to and are helping to make it happen).

I am also willing to affiliate with other scan teams. I am willing to lend my availability to other teams and work with them if anyone else is willing to work with my team.

What I will need:

The name you would like us to refer to you as:
The name you would like to be credited with:
Contact info for Tumblr, Discord, and/or if we can communicate via MangaDex. E-mail is a last resort as I do not usually check my e-mail.
The position(s) you wish to take:
Number of other projects you have worked on in the requested position*:

* This is so I have an idea of what I need to instruct you on doing, i.e. if I need to give more instruction of methods for cleaning or if you have a good chunk of experience already, etc. You will not be turned away based on the number of projects - this is simply a way for me to gauge how much help you might need and how much instruction you might need, which I am fully willing to help with.

- For translators: I require translations that DO NOT alter the meaning of the sentence in any way. I do not want alterations - I wish to give the exact same story and experience to our English readers as the Japanese audience gets when they read. I am not asking for absolute, direct, word for word translations as that would sound disastrous and all over the place - I simply ask that it is as close as possible and retains the meaning behind the sentences. I may work with you or come to you on certain translations as I know a bit of a chunk of Japanese. If you need a rescan of any pages for any reason, please let me know!
We also translate SFX, so please keep this in mind! If you do happen to need any help on figuring some SFX out, I can easily assist with that as I have with my old translator.

- For cleaners: The only cleaning I don't do is dealing with pages that have areas that need to be unblurred. Please also note you will need to crop the pages you receive. Please do your best not to lose any of the image in the cropping, and if need be, please let me know if you need a rescan! You may receive pages that are basic cleaning if I need to open up time for myself.

For redrawers: You must be able to do basic cleaning as well, but we prioritize the look of redrawn double spreads. Redrawing may range from just redrawing lines on a part of a page or character when large fonts need to be removed - to redrawing a double spread right down the center of the pages. Our main ongoing project has A LOT of these. The others, not so much.

-

Current project list:

Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (Also known as FE4) - written by Oosawa Mitsuki (MAIN project until it is completed!!!)
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Also known as FE5) (In progress; secondary) (Chapter 0 completed and uploaded + requires cover pages on my part to add later, Chapter 1 translated, nothing else started) - written by Yuna Takanagi
Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 by Hino Shinnosuke (only one volume long).
Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu / Thracia 776 Anthologies + 4Koma by various artists.
Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu, chapters 1-37 (Chapters 36 and 37 translated, chapter 36 mostly cleaned). This is mostly an after project and/or along the way project. We will not be taking any credit for the former team's chapters and will have them redone with our team for the entire project to be under a single team's name. We will, however, be absolutely keeping links to the old team's work as well.

Pending project list:
Any other FE4/5 book content I am able to purchase, including info heavy books. These are extremely far on the back burner but they are up for consideration.
Other FE related manga content - lowest priority and will not be worked on until we have extra people and are satisfied with the rest of our work's progress.
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean Comic Anthology (Not yet purchased; will be purchased when I can get to it AND when we have team members willing to work on it)

Notes:
You do NOT have to be a fan of Fire Emblem to join us! However, please be aware that among each title in this series, the Jugdral saga that we are working is the heaviest theme-wise out of all of them. There are a LOT of character deaths, including that of main characters!

If you would like any direction on the Fire Emblem series or Jugdral's saga specifically to help out with your work, I will be more than happy to help you with it!

Unfortunately the Jugdral saga is a DISASTER with how names get translated. Any translators will be informed of what is being used in the manga we are working on.

Fire Emblem is not the only series I will be limiting us to, but they ARE priority. Anything else that may pop in in between will be worked on along the way. However, if we can get a better speed going for our main two projects, there isn't too much more to go on the main one and the secondary one is only three volumes long.

Our work on FE4's manga begins at chapter 38 and will continue to its finish. All of FE5's manga will be our work.

We are not strictly a video game -> manga adaption translation team, but it is highly among our interests.

Users who are viewing this thread