Chapters Marked as "Read" Randomly Dropping Status

Sometimes chapters I have read will clear the "read" icon for no reason. Sometimes the entire title's-worth of chapters will have the "read" icon deleted. Very annoying.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Fadamor Are you changing the manga status away from reading or re-reading? That's the only way it tracks read status. On hold leaves it, plan to read doesn't track, dropped gets rid of it, completed enables all. Unfollowing gets rid of any read icons as well.

Group Leader
I've had this happen before myself. Manga that I'm following will randomly unfollow, or have all the chapters that were read appear unread. It happened shortly after I first signed up to the site, then it appeared to go away for some time, and now just the other day it's started back up again. Just found another series unfollowed a couple of minutes ago, and another series unread before that. Yesterday I think it was 3 series I found unfollowed, and 2 completely unread.

Group Leader
Just came across another unread today. It was still marked as followed though.

https://mangadex.org/manga/22344/tsuujou-kougeki-ga-zentai-kougeki-de-ni-kai-kougeki-no-okaa-san-wa-suki-desu-ka

Group Leader
That one I linked was both followed and read. Now it appears with all previous chapters unread. I did not change its read status.

I think I've discovered the cause of my issue. I'll read chapters before changing the status to "Reading". Many times I'll read the available chapters before making the decision to actually follow the title. I'll go through the chapters with no designation set, then change it to "Reading". Then I have to go back through the chapters quickly (if there are only a few) or just the last chapter (if there were a lot of them) so that at least the last chapter read retains the "read" icon.

Users who are viewing this thread