Isekai Courtroom -Rebuttal Barrister- - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Double-page supporter
hmmmm, too convenient... but that's how this manga is rolling eh?

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna pause midway.. I guess the idea of the mc being 'not talented' is really true. Mind you, I am not a law school student. I'm majoring in Computer Science. But I can already see a 'better' path immediately.

Although this may not be the best case, it's definitely better than guilty plea. Notice how the girl is 'cursed' due to her race "graves are born with an ancient curse", and that if she leaves (not literally, but in a sense of belonging I believe) the one who take her virginity, she'd die due to the curse activation.

From one law in Japan, the act of forcing a sexual activity to a non-consenting person is rape by definition.
Being threatened for not complying is subject to punishment under "verbal threat".
Not only this, the fact that the girl is pretty much told to "commit suicide" after having sexual intercourse due to the curse activating is a form of attempted murder (it's a bit hard to press charges for the noble, but it will come in handy for her defense).
And lastly, due to her inability to physically fight back the man, she needs to resort to a knife and proceeds with self-defense act as her life is in IMMEDIATE DANGER.

Granted, this may or may not be the perfect way to defend her, but again, as someone who's not a law student, I'm pretty sure I'm much better than him who've taken 5 tests, spent multiple years, and went into panic mode (which is the last thing you wanna do especially when every second may actually bring you insight to how to win the case).

EDIT: how the fuck is it hard to plea self defense? It was literally said that she's got a curse that's well-known (assuming this not only apply to her alone, but also ALL of her kind). That is one heck of a trump card.

Users who are viewing this thread