Too many hits detected from your IP

Hi,

I am integrating mangadex to kmanga (https://kmanga.net , https://github.com/aplanas/kmanga). This site convert the chapters into a MOBI document and send it to the Kindle, so I can read my manga outside my computer : ))

One problem that I have is that there is not API to access the catalog content, so is very easy to hit the limit of request that is in place on the site ('Too many hits detected from your IP (692). Please try again later.'). I can use a bunch of proxies or some crappy vpn solution, but I really want to avoid this escalation (is rude and useless), so I want to ask if there is a clean way to get the catalog without hurting mangadex performance, or if there is a way to request a higher limit for some users or IPs.

Thanks!!

Power Uploader
Hi,

There are no plans to increase the limit, as we do not wish to encourage scraping of the site.

There will also most likely not ever be an API that enables downloading that easily, as it would make it easier for aggregator sites to rip from MangaDex.

MangaDex can be used on mobile as well if you're away from your computer.

Best Regards,
MysteryGirl.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Fix your app and try again. You must be basically hammering the site to trigger the limit.

Staff
Admin
You don't need to download everything you want to read offline immediately. Throttle your hits to 500 or under per 10min and you will be fine.

@ixlone for the catalog indeed I need to download the list of titles and chapters, as the search is happening in kmanga. For the content of course is not the case. The information about the throttle limit is useful, thanks

@MisteryGirl That is the point, I do not want to scrape the site, so if there is an API or something alternative I can avoid the scraping. Also kmanga is not about mobile, is to provide a service to kindle users.

Make sure you're using the updated .org rather than .com. Firefox gave me the "Too many hits from your IP" when trying to access the .com version. Chrome just gave me a generic access denied error page.

VIP
@kmanga
- If you are logged in you are able to enforce long-strip mode.
- You could re-write your code to parse the image-urls from the source-code (look at the javascript part).

Both options avoid hitting the site multiple times for one chapter.

@KazumiSangaku Right, I am using the .org. In any case it provides 302 with the correct Location HTTP header when trying the .com. Thanks for the tip.

@icelord very good idea! I am updating the code. Now I need to figure out how to avoid the problem with the generation of the local catalog. Maybe I can try to get more results for page.

Users who are viewing this thread