Kono Sekai ga Game dato Ore dake ga Shitte Iru - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
I get what's happening here in this chapter. The sister stares at them, awaiting their sins, while they do something exploitative. What I don't get is, why do the gamers care? How did an NPC's stare warp their mentality to the point of either becoming masochistic or break down emotionally? I've done stupid shit in video games all the time and barely care that some other player is staring at me. So gamers practically give zero shits about NPCs, unless that NPC is important to a quest or future reward.

Now, I understand that he would have a different reaction. She's now real, so her stare is something more tangible. But when you have a goal- fuck 'em.

Dex-chan lover
Oh damn, the stare of emptiness is too strong! ? Fk train chan ruined his leveling. Well maybe another time.

@Vasqueztion
The sister seems to have 2 personalities. One of them is the stalker. Well maybe the sister was placed there to make the method more difficult.

@Vasqueztion You have to remember that the game they were playing was a futuristic VR game.
Even in modern VR games there are people that have said they feel uncomfortable if a npc sits too close to them invading their personal space.
So in a future VR game the nun would look real, and they would feel that she was right there in the window creepily staring at them.

Dex-chan lover
in the novel it mentions that the sister would at fist talk to you cheerfully for about 10 minutes waiting for your confessions. then ask you to leave if you don't have anything to confess. and then just stare at you. basically she FEELS like a real person, so having them stare at you hurts.

Dex-chan lover
Sasuga master, only he could get to level 250 just by burning.

Group Leader
20180612_214328.jpg

she knows

Double-page supporter
TFW you know you're doing something embarrassing and someone watches you doing it with a judging look on their face...

@vasqueztion You have to remember that this is not some top down or first person mmo. Its a virtual reality one where it feels life like enough that having NPCs around feels like having people around.

Users who are viewing this thread