Import KissManga Bookmarks to MangaDex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Uploader
For the KissManga refugees that managed to get a list with the names of the manga they had in their favorites:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tp0R0OirYTPanCeL0jRIRA5BfqsGiv3gLoorWV5WNOM/edit?usp=sharing
If it isn't obvious, the sheet you'll use to generate the import code is called "Input your list on A1", you can ignore the rest.
First you'll want to make a copy of the sheet since you can't edit directly (so multiple people can use it), once you have your own copy simply paste your list of titles into the A1 cell and it'll parse it and generate you the import code in the F2 cell, just copy that to the importer. You shouldn't need to change anything in the sheet.
Anything it doesn't find it'll tell you and you can add it manually. I made it easier for you to search and instead of linking to the MD page on the C column it'll link to the search with the name of the manga.

If you want to try to get a list of the manga you read recently through your browser history, you can use this to export your entire history:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/export-chrome-history/dihloblpkeiddiaojbagoecedbfpifdj/
You'll have to manually clean it yourselves so you get just the titles from the KM manga you read (I could also make the sheet above parse KM links instead of manga names if people want...).

Old method for when you had access to your favorites:

If you're an old KissManga user or have friends that still use KissManga then you can now user this tool to move your bookmarks over: http://mdbookmarkimport.rn86.net/

Step by step guide:

* Go to your KissManga bookmark's page, found here: https://i.imgur.com/58GIbeQ.png

* Once there, open the page source code, usually CTRL+U or right-click > View page source

* You can also save the page with CTRL+S and then open in a text editor

* Select everything and copy to the first field, then press Start

* If there's a lot of people using it at the same time, you might need to wait, do not exit the page or you'll lose your turn

* Once done you'll see a list with the results, you have the option to modify the MangaDex ID for that manga or to delete it from the list

* After making the modification necessary (if any) copy the contents of the second field

* Head on over to https://mangadex.org/follows/import/ and paste what you copied there

* Press upload and your follows should be imported!

Few notes:

All the *manga* will be almost perfectly carried over, in case you have some Western comics that KissManga hosts bookmarked (there's roughly 32 in almost 14,000 total manga) they'll show at the top of the list with certainty below 100%, MangaDex does not allow these so obviously they'll not be imported. In case the database of the importer gets outdated, normal manga will also show at the top and you have the ability to fix it before importing (or ignore it and follow manually later).

Like I mentioned, this should be almost perfect but if you spot something off (like a manga missing from your list after importing) either use the contact email in the site or let me know. Do note that MangaDex merges oneshots into collections so you might not get the exact same number of manga. Further more, some manga might have been marked as hentai, in which case you won't see them if you have hentai off in your settings.

The importer is currently in beta so it might crash, it should come back on its own but please be patient.

Enjoy.

Ughh. Why did I only seen this now?! I've searched and added the manga/s that I was reading one by one.

Well this was pretty helpful. Ty

Double-page supporter
Some stuffs from kissmanga isn't available in Mangadex though.

Dex-chan lover
I can't enter the site, how do I go to my bookmarks? 😅
OIP.MqlieymWDgTA5lBt0O7C9AEsDi

Welp, I guess my bookmark list was getting out of hand on length and "Isekai." Either way, the good gems will surface again from under the deep brown sea.

Power Uploader
Yeah, doesn't seem like there's much of a reason to keep this around considering KM admins have confirmed all data is gone. Unless you somehow had a backup, which probably no one did. I have tried to look into it myself and it seems gone for good.

One thing you can do is search through your browser history for the manga you read recently, it's something at least.

I do have a backup of my list through browser history, is there a way I can format it so it works with this code, or will I have to just let myself put in all 168 manga/manhwa/manhua i recovered myself in manually lol

Power Uploader
Uh, it's been years since I worked with these things so I have to revisit some things, I definitely have my old KM>MD map hanging around though.
One thing I'm not sure is if I stored actual titles or just URLs and IDs, I'll have to check that tomorrow and get back to you.
If I did store titles then you can just paste that into a google sheet I can provide and it'll tell you what it finds and I can make it generate the import code and you do the rest manually.
If I only have the URLs/IDs then you're kinda out of luck mostly, that mapping was only meant to fuel the importer website and it was never expected for you to try to import a list of titles without having access to the source code of the bookmarks page.

Power Uploader
@thisoneone
It is done.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tp0R0OirYTPanCeL0jRIRA5BfqsGiv3gLoorWV5WNOM/edit?usp=sharing
If it isn't obvious, the sheet you'll use to generate the import code is called "Input your list on A1", you can ignore the rest.
First you'll want to make a copy of the sheet since you can't edit directly (so multiple people can use it), once you have your own copy simply paste your list of titles into the A1 cell and it'll parse it and generate you the import code in the F2 cell, just copy that to the importer. You shouldn't need to change anything in the sheet.
Anything it doesn't find it'll tell you and you can add it manually. I made it easier for you to search and instead of linking to the MD page on the C column it'll link to the search with the name of the manga.

If you want to try to get a list of the manga you read recently through your browser history, you can use this to export your entire history:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/export-chrome-history/dihloblpkeiddiaojbagoecedbfpifdj/
You'll have to manually clean it yourselves so you get just the titles from the KM manga you read (I could also make the sheet above parse KM links instead of manga names if people want...).

Thanks for the help! While it only got about 20% of the manga I read, it's still a big help! I would assume it's because of different base languages, but at least I have a full list of the ones I didn't get, so I can look them up with the attempted look ups you have in there. It saved me a lot of time and I hope it saves some more people time as well. 😊

Not sure if it's needed but since I doubt many people can use the import method (I used a cached copy of my bookmarks) but I would like to mention that people should delete anything on that list that isn't 100%. I unfortunately didn't thoroughly check the non-100% results and most of them had the wrong ID.
So basically I have a bunch of mangas/hwas/huas that i have never even heard of in my MDlist and a bunch of mangas/hwas/huas that I thought i had on my list, not actually on my MDlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread