Being able to sort manga by views, number of follows, etc. :implemented:

Fed-Kun's army
So sometimes when I'm just searching around for something to read, I like to see what the most/least followed or viewed manga are. I can't seem to do that on this site, so the manga presented has been in a seemingly random assortment, with manga with 20 views being next to one with 10,000. It's a small gripe, but sometimes I like being able to sort what appears in my searches like that. Perhaps in the search tagging bar, below the genre tags, there could be some tags for "sort by most viewed" or "sort by least follows?" That would be nice, and something that I feel could help those who want to sometimes clean up the randomness of their searches or just see what most people are reading. Thanks!

Hi @Uberlad654, I'm not sure if you want to search specifically or browse randomly.

For search queries, what you can do for now is use the manga search in Simple List or Advanced List view.
This will allow you to sort ascending/descending by Name, Comments, Rating, Views, Follows, or Last Updated.
Example: https://mangadex.org/?page=search&title=uber

This also works if you're browsing from the manga titles page.

I wanted to expand on this because it took me a bit to locate the "Simple List" and "Advanced List" options.

Look near the top right to see a settings icon with "View" and that will show a droplist where you can select four options to organize how you want your search results to display as. "Simple List" and "Expanded List" provides the option to rearrange the results by Name, Comments, Rating, Views, Follows, or Last Updated.

Thanks for the tip @Noms!

Fed-Kun's army
Ok, thanks for the tip! I've always been browsing in detailed mode, but it worked fine for the simple and expanded lists. Maybe this could be implemented for the detailed list as well? Sorry this turned into more of a help thread.

Users who are viewing this thread