June update! More server upgrades incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin
June update: We had over 2 million visitors in the past month! The new webserver appears to be coping with traffic very well. The next priority is upgrading the image servers, which are operating at near capacity now in terms of bandwidth.

stats3.png

The support page is now open again if you're feeling generous!

Caught this one while still open ?, sent some love your way, great manga site that keeps improving.

Glad that everything seems to be going well for you guys, this site has been improving exponentially, which is very nice.

Any chance you guys could add a filter system in the future, so that way you could filter out specific genres or tags, that you either want or not want to see?

I just started getting into manga and I'm glad I did since this site makes it so simple to not only use but to track things as well, thanks for a great service <3

MD@Home
hope my donation helps. as a developer that uses AWS, I know how much this shit can cost. best of luck.

Contributor
@Holo - Nice, i really notice a improvement in the responsiveness of the image loading time (since yesterday).

But, i think is better if you remove the random cover image in the main page, this image cause a huge load lag, or at least reduce it as a thumbnal like the rest of the page.

Anyway is a great job, a very good use of the donation money. Thanks you for your hard work Doki team.

@Nick86 I concur. small thumbnail instead would be wise.
I'm interested in how the frontend/backend stuff is set up honestly. I wonder if any performance increases can be had by tweaking some things along the line of delivery.

Contributor
@Holo - I mean the huge size on such image on the main page, is the cause of the slow loading since is loaded as full size picture and not as a thumbnail, this was my concern.
Just something i notice since that image is the last to load while all the other images are now loaded instant (thanks to the server upgrade).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread