Yuusha, Yamemasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - My Next Workplace is Demon King's Castle

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this piece wants to play on stereotypes, but instead just naming stereotypes. Like the idea of "hero joining mao" is fun and all, but he is a hero just by name and so is maou. At least add some twist. Or potatoes.

Double-page supporter
Reminds me of Helck, hopefully it will has a nice plot twist.

Double-page supporter
HELL YEAH, 1st CH and already a lewd dog loli waifu! ?

Dex-chan lover
@Crash21 yeah, premise like Helck + the "Heavenly Kings" + flat-chested tsun ruler that immediately denies hero joining the cause... yep, Helck opening in a nutshell.

I can honestly see a story about some hero finding a scared little girl that lost her memories in the streets and taking care of her, she turns out to be one of the most dangerous people in the world.
Obviously, the hero would need to be female! I have come across so many stories that have some hero or dude taking care of a little girl. Whether the girl bea Monster or a Demon. I demand a Motherly and daughterly love story.

I'm super confused by the first two pages... Do they have something to do with this or not?

Dex-chan lover
+ the "Heavenly Kings"

That's not really fair to add for similarities just to Helck specifically, that's a super friggin' common thing across manga, novels, anime, and RPGs. If there's a demon lord, there's probably 4 heavenly kings. They could be called something else, but they're probably there.

Dex-chan lover
"why do you wanna join"
"i have a reason"
*everyone does the suprised pikachu face*

wtf kind of writing is this

Thanks for the chapter!
MC might be S+ in terms of being a hero, but F- in terms of socializing, common sense, and thinking. Part of reason to have a party is to have someone watch your back during a fight, cover each other's weaknesses, and take turns on watch so others can rest and recover. Likely arguments about room assignments were due to nobody wanting to room with Mr. Clueless. His application was basically "I'm a great hire and some of my achievements were beating you all up single handedly." Especially if he's the one who caused all the damage can see in her throne room. Anyone know why he fought Merness in a church? If it was a cultural heritage site should've drawn him off somewhere didn't have to worry about collateral damage. Also, considering how benevolent the Maou's ruling has been, was there any need or reason to beat him other than him being one of the Maou's Heavenly Kings? If Marness hadn't been causing any trouble and had been living quietly or being helpful would explain why townsfolk were so upset over the battle and claiming compensation afterwards although wouldn't be the first time a town was ungrateful and tried to fleece a stranger. Encounter with Lili was a hoot, although how did she lose her memories? Shutina is pitiful having all her magic sealed before can show off. Would be really funny if uses magic later to easily settle something MC couldn't handle without taking a while or too much collateral damage. Although is she really a succubus? Looks more like an elf to me. Succubi are suppose to have revealing and erotic clothing (although that can be different according to tastes,) be inhumanly sensual and curved, bat wings coming out their back, horns, and a tail.

Users who are viewing this thread