Hatsukoi Zombie - Vol. 11 Ch. 106 - A Duty Of Youth

Fed-Kun's army
@Kisato
It's right as it is. They're looking for the coefficient A such that the parable passes through (0,0), and A=1 solves it. I'm not sure what you're doing, but the A isn't to be squared.

Contributor
@Geany
Well, he’s solving for A right? So for that my thought process is that,
Code:
0=A(0+2)[sup]2[/sup]-4
0=A(2)[sup]2[/sup]-4
0=(2A)[sup]2[/sup]-4
4=(2A)[sup]2[/sup]
4=4A[sup]2[/sup]
+2,-2=4A
1/2,-1/2=A

Looking over it, I still did it wrong but I blame the sleep deprivation.

Edit: Looked it over again, probably did something wrong. Brain machine broke, 1+1=17, gonna sleep and die.

Edit v2:
Code:
0=A(0+2)[sup]2[/sup]-4
4=A(2)[sup]2[/sup]
4/2[sup]2[/sup]=A
4/4=A
1=A
A=1

Wooo, it worked. Off to temporary death.

Group Leader
Comment section delivered.
I was confused how they got to A = 1 but I was assuming that it was a variable O and not number 0 so I was confounded and thought that either I didn't know the equation or I was missing something.

You can't see any of the details(values of each axis) in the graph so there is no telling if the whole math was right or wrong

Edit :
The answer and the graph are actually matching but the A in the equation seems to be irrelevant because the point A is not marked in the graph
@Kisato
@Cessnatore
@Geany
You seem to be interested in the math so I'll back you up.

Fed-Kun's army
@GalibHasan
Quite the opposite, I'm afraid: the answer and the graph aren't matching at all.
As I've written two years ago (how time flies! I hadn't still graduated in Math then), A isn't a point, it's a parameter, or more precisely the lead coefficient of a parabola (y=Ax^2+Bx+C). They find the A such that the parabola passes through the origin, and the parabola in the picture definetely doesn't do that.
What's happening is either that they're doing another exercise altogether, or that (more likely, since there's a 4 here too) they're answering to a question like "how would you change the equation of this parabola, in order to make it pass through the origin?"

Users who are viewing this thread