Shokugeki no Soma

Group Leader
hmm time to re-read the weirdest manga that makes me want to keep reading

What's going on with the missing chapters? Mangastream say no hosting or something?

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Kushinda
While Mangastream deserves all the scorn we can heap up on them, please do not use racist language to describe them.

Per 5.1, Be Civil, I am editing your comment to remove the language.

Please do not use that kind of language again.

English chapters is all at other sites. (I only come here to post comments, lol)

Anyways.. newest arc (chapter 270+)

Interesting development.

Hmm, I wonder if it counts as spoilers for chapters not on Mangadex but is English translated on other sites.

Or maybe I should just post chapter 270+ stuff in chapter 258's comment section since Spoilers are allow there... lol

Dex-chan lover
I just read the 1st chapter , so basically the artist uses senseless hent@i as cheap baits to lure horny , underage readers , and disguises this as an cooking manga ? Then Im out of here , I hate manga-s which have no plot and resolve to use cheap tricks to get popular .

Also the MC is a virgin brat with a goofy , idiotic smile and an ugly scar above his eye ( Can anyone explain how did he get that in a Gourmet manga ? )

There are some other better Gourmet mangas like Mister Ajikko , Kui Tan and Dungeon Meshi , check them out .

I dont understand why some people translate craps from shonen jump like black clover , naruto , one piece of fece , haikyu , psi-nan , shokugeki soma , zero academia . But no one translates the best shonen jump's manga : Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Koen-mae Hashutsujo .

Fed-Kun's army
@daywithoutgames: It never made any tricks about the theme. Blame yourself for being a horn-dog who only sees manga for their sexual value (using terms like hentai and complaining the MC is a virgin doesn't help you).

Plus there IS plot, but it's clear you didn't pay any attention. Soma is a chef from a family-styled restaurant aiming to be #1 in the world of 5-star gourmet chefs. As he attends class, students try to bring him down (because kids are assholes), but his unique and unorthodox cooking keeps him ahead of the game and other students recognize his skill. He's not invincible and even lost some matches, which he learns from and grows. It's generally a School Life in which there are exams and he constantly faces the threat of expulsion. As the years pass and the story grows he goes from taking on the school's best, to a coup d'etat, and is currently facing off against the dark side of the cooking world. So what's the plot?

It has it's "hentai" moments, but those are mostly for impact, and a bit of comedy, about the flavor of cooking (To non-readers: the tasters tend to strip naked when encountering an amazing food with their bits covered by the aura or whatever the food's theme is).

As for his scar, it was never discussed in the manga, but the author confirmed
he got it the same time his mother died. It's speculated by fans it was a car accident where the mom sacrificed herself to save Soma, but so far nothing has been proven.

Dragonball also has an MC who's a virgin brat with a goofy idiotic smile, yet I've never heard hate over that. So let's be real: It's not that he's a virgin, it's that you want an MC who you all can live vicariously through to vent your sexual frustrations. Go read Parallel Paradise if you want a strong MC who's constantly boning.

The current arc is laughable.
Now we have outsiders (besides Azami) who make noise at school. The reason behind it is for quite a ridiculous reason.
And I see the author trying to develop an element of romance here that has been given a lot of code many times.

For romance, I didn't mind the main couple, Souma x Erina. Precisely after going through a lot of fierce competition, suddenly turned to the problem of romance, it feels strange. Also, I don't have the reason to hate Erina. She is another typical tsundere heroine, an arrogant princess just like Alice. Again, I don't mind at all. Erina has her own quality which make her cool.
Many people prefer Megumi, I can't see it more because of the feeling of empathy with her struggle. Megumi has her own story and it's more than enough. She is only charmed and involved in Souma's harem circle. Even if her feeling is true, well, it won't happen. She is already, undoubtedly, a comrade for Souma.
You can't deny what Saiba said in the very first chapter, "A great chef is when you finds a woman who makes you give all your food to her." In this case, Erina with its god tongue. It's as clear as the sky. But I doubt everything will move so fast, because basically the center of all this is food, food that expresses various feelings, emotions, friendships, and competition. There is a romance, but, only for spice things up.

Back to the topic, I want this to immediately switch to the new arc. This arc is nothing more than a warm up. It is better if all students are increasingly focused on hard learning and training as in the beginning. And the real struggle of new ten elites now.
No matter what you see, they still have a long way to go. Especially if they want to be a professional chef.

----
My god, someone named daywithoutgames really wants to be slapped with pepper. I also felt strange when I saw their lustful expressions while serving food, but the story was interesting to follow. I also felt that there was a lack of parts to really describe the hard work side, when their psychology was really down to earth, and in this manga everything came quite easily. But, don't mind him, don't mind the fact that the author usually works in H project, new reader. Read it at your own risk.

Users who are viewing this thread