Xian Ni

Can the drawing on this series get any worse? I thought it was pretty fine early on, then action gets scrapped and more texts are filling up the page. Wtf is even happening?

Does anyone know what's going on in this "thing" anymore...?

I feel like after the clan collapsed, everything went so badly...

Drop in quality seems pretty common with chinese series unfortunately, as there is just so much filler being produced based on the daily/weekly churn of web novels.

As for ch50+ confusion, that was pretty poorly written in the webnovel as well.
MC actually died in the fight with the chubby guy with the soul flag. But his soul was sucked into the foreign battleground where it was protected by the bead and his soul transformed into a "soul devour-er", using his new power(s), he eats souls and eventually takes over the body of the random dude introduced around ch55.

Basically, random plot armor leads to power up with new abilities that may or may not be referenced ever again. Get used to it in this series. Silver lining is that the author tends to wrap things plots up...eventually.

Okay so after chapter 50+ when a fight between Wa ling and that old guy who slaughtered his clan when wa ling was devoured by the souls, evrything just went something else ? Or totally no connection ? WTF is happening.

It started out interesting then suddenly a change of artist and got boring pretty fast.

Fed-Kun's army
Follows the webnovel pretty well, it is just the change in artstyle is so ofsetting.
Like wtf is that art after the first 20 chapters. Atleast around 45 chapters in, art improves again.

Gets you sucked in then starts dissapointing you after a while. Thought I could read it all at once... Not too pleasant impression.

Another example of Chinese money-printing. Not as terrible as some, not good enough to keep up with.

A Will Eternal is a web novel by the same author as this that stays good the whole way through. It's honestly one of the best fantasy books I've ever read, period.

This is pretty bad, but it has a certain charm to it; it was also darker than I expected.

Dark manga is good manga, especially in Wuxia Martial arts manga.

Would you rather have multiple harems that slow down the story and pointless side stories.

OR

A neutral evil MC in a universe were dark things do happen which accentuate the story.

i rly like this. i recently reread all of the chapters at once to remind myself of the plot.
this is underrated definitely one of the best cultivation stories. I have dropped a lot of mangas like this, but i still follow this one. so thanks to the scanlation group for making it available

The art is garbage. The translation is garbage. The story just attacked, destroyed, disbanded the MC's sect in a single chapter then timeskipped. I honestly can't tell the difference between characters because they all look exactly the same. The writing has zero plot and is just a dartboard of Wuxia tropes done as lame as hell. Lastly the MC is a barrel of personalities that are never consistent.

There saved you some time.

Aggregator gang
If people really want a good story read the LN, one of the more dark but realistic cultivation stories.

Lol, what kind of shitty description is that. That doesn't describe Renegade immortal at all.

more chapter i read, more confusing stuff come up
after mc sect was destroyed the story turn into wtf

Users who are viewing this thread