The server has been upgraded! - Be sure to use .org and not .com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin
The server has been upgraded. Based on the projected rate of growth, we should be good for a few months.

For those who are interested, the server was upgraded from a E3-1225v2 Xeon to a E3-1231v3 Xeon.

Contributor
Hope that maintenance and upgrade will make MDex smoother

Niiice, I know y'all use cloudflare as your host, do you use their load balancing service as well or do you manage it yourself with software like LoadMaster?

Contributor
I'm glad this site is popular now, Nice successor to the old batoto.

Fed-Kun's army
I have no idea what are those 2 processor difference are and too lazy to google it, but I approve.

...wait, that's it? This site and its entire traffic fits in a desktop-class CPU?!
I have a 1245v2 though it's limited to 200mbps traffic. If you were a decentralized project, I'd donate the processing power as I don't ever do much of anything on it at all.

Power Uploader
@sillymangareader, no there are 3 servers. This one, that does all the web and database stuff and two image servers (which you can recognize by s1.mangadex.org and s2.mangadex.org url's).

But yes, with the correct software you can do a lot. I understand that some scanlator groups act that they need a 100 dollar server to host a few titles.

Same thought as silly. Occasionally. And yeah, if you ever had a way to donate processing power. I have a 12 core xeon 2.4GHz machine I am about to mothball for lack of use.

Group Leader
You guys ever thought about getting a TOR address as well? It’s not really that useful right now except for people who can’t access the normal site due to censorship, but considering how shit’s looking right now, with increased censorship legislation it might be a good idea to get one anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread