How'd You Discover MangaDex?

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Thread is exactly what title says it is.

How'd you find out about MangaDex and what made you decide to join the community? Inquiring minds want to know!

Contributor
Was browsing through r/manga/new on reddit when someone posted about mangadex. It seemed like the most promising reputable replacement for batoto, and I was interested, so I joined.

Group Leader
I think it was like this:
One day I was wondering why my follows RSS on Batoto wasn't updating. Upon visiting the website, I then saw the notice of it shutting down. Because of that I started searching for the groups' websites and own RSS feeds. Shortly after that, when the next chapter of Houseki no Kuni was released by PAS, I came to know of Mangadex.

tl;dr PAS brought me here.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Batoto probably

Wanting to fix security vulnerabilities made me decide to join the community

Group Leader
batoto owo and i think i found out about MangaDex through a discord server

MD@Home
Harry Dong => Batoto Server => Dev channel => MangaDex Dev channel

Fed-Kun's army
I think I found it in a Batoto forum thread or a scanlator tweet.

The announcement on doki.co brought me here. I've been following doki for years because of the "GOOD" manga content that comes out from time to time. The kind that ixlone likes.

is a Reindeer
VIP
Batoto shut down and since I used Reddit I was looking to see what would happen on /r/manga
MangaDex post got big, I joined the Discord, took me a week to make an account on the site

Miku best girl
Admin
A week before bato.to died, ix sent me an email:

"Holo, bato.to is dying, you should make a site for manga!"

And here we are...

s1

Was looking at the "revived" batoto and it didn't feel the same. I tried looking around and found out it's not run by the same people anymore and the domain was just bought by some group. Further searching led me to MangaDex where people are saying it's the new Batoto now where the scanlation groups are posting so I joined here instead.

Staff
Admin
Yeah, that's right! It was totally my idea!

You are most welcome, minna-san!

wubq06S.png

Contributor
Batoto was shutting down, so i checked the manga subreddit for manga releases and then one of the treads was Mangadex. I got curious and pressed it (no ragerts).

Thank you, everyone of Mangadex! (*´▽`*)

I saw someone mention the site In chat, but didn't visit & register until later... because I forgot about it.

Users who are viewing this thread