Here to help - Editors/PR feel free to contact me.

While I don't quite have the time to proofread anymore than I already do with my current group, I'm always willing to lend a helping hand to anyone who needs it regarding proofreading. Sentence structure, honorifics, phrases, strange sounding clauses, that one word that sounds weird but you can't think of anything to interchange it with, etc etc. I do this free of charge, just as I proofread for my group; mostly because I get a kick out of helping the scanlating community. I work a 9-5 job but if you send me a question or even a completely proofread script just to have one extra look-over I'll try my best to get back to you within 24hours. Please don't send me entire scripts to proofread.

As far as my proofreading goes, I've only been doing it for about a year, but the series I've worked on include:

Saotome Senshu

The Violence Action

Rokudou no Onna-tachi

Lies of the Sheriff Evans: Dead or Love

The manga community has always done well by me, and I can even credit it to a degree in increasing my vocabulary and expanding my grammatical knowledge when I was younger. It's up to us proofreaders to not only make the story as fluid and comprehensible as possible, we're doing this for the kids and the ESL readers that read our work that are subconsciously learning grammar/spelling/vocabulary through it. I think as a whole most groups are doing great, but there's always room for improvement.

Lastly, I don't believe credentials matter, as long as your work is properly proofread you don't need papers to show that you're legit. But for those that do care, I have an English degree with a minor in Journalism from the University of Houston (2014). I only say this because some proofreaders may still be in high school or college, or may even use English as their second language. You're the proofreaders I want to hear from. I'm hoping I can assist you both in proofreading and maybe teach something that will stick so that if you come across the same problem later down the road; hopefully what we've discussed will help you going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread