Cells at Work!

Dex-chan lover
Understood kids, if you don't take care of your body the waifus inside of it will die.

Finally, a manga where I could use all my useless biology knowledge.

i'm sad to report to those who except to see any romantic or sexual progress since cells procreate by division

Double-page supporter
Platelets are cute!

I don't think red blood cells carry carbon dioxide, though. Hemoglobin binds to oxygen, and releases it in places where there is a shortage of oxygen, but carbon dioxide is just dissolved in the liquid portion of the blood, I think.

With the announcement of the anime, I just hope that the scanlation will still continue past the anime

Fed-Kun's army
there are a fair few inaccurracies in this (of a magnitude that for exams above high school level, they would be wrong).

still a fun series so far, as long as you don't take the material presented as a serious scientific resource!

BCS

Dex-chan lover
After tea and countries I shouldn't really be surprised at what the japanese anthropomorphize, but still...

Ok, I'm not an expert in Biology - though I do study it - but I think this manga is more accurate and in depth than what would be taught at GCSE level in the UK.

@DanYHKim You're right. Carbon dioxide is actually more soluble in blood than in oxygen. But this way of transport is only 5-7 percent of all the carbon dioxide that is transported.

Another 10 percent is transported by actually binding to the hemoglobin, forming carbaminohemoglobin. This is reversible and therefore it is dissociated from the hemoglobin in the lungs to be taken out of the body.

But the majority is transported through the bicarbonate buffer system, which involves carbon dioxide diffusing into the red blood cells.

So, red blood cells do carry carbon dioxide, but at the same time you're not wrong.

SMT game where you fight bacteria and save cellular waifus in an epic FPS battle of wits and chemical weapons.

Whoa, chapter 2 was uploaded for like, 2 minutes, but now it's gone, wonder what that was about

BP

Fed-Kun's army
I'm not sure. I uploaded it but I haven't received any messages if I did it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread