Bitter Virgin

Dex-chan lover
This is one of my all time favourite manga. I come back every so often to re-read it. It's odd in that it has the art and storytelling of a light manga but it deals beautifully with some very heavy themes. It touches the heart but keeps the pages turning so next thing you notice a bunch of chapters went by. I'm not the only one--I've known quite a few over the years in various comment sections say this manga had more impact on them than almost any other.

Oh look who it is...it's the infamous PLG
Just binged this story all night...
It's almost 4am here now...it was that good I couldn't put it down...rip me and classes tomorrow haha

Dex-chan lover
@Purplelibraryguy I agree. It's a classic to be sure. The most I could nitpick is that the execution is a little clumsy, but no manga is perfect.

Dex-chan lover
oh man, one of my favorite romances. To people who's afraid to read this because they think it's depressing all i gotta say is don't be afraid this is more bitter sweet than depressing. It has depressing back story for female lead tho, but overall really great series

Dex-chan lover
i mean... it's guilt romance, and the romance starts in the last chapter so LUL

One of the first and most memorable manga for me. This had some impact on my own personality and perspective in life.

Its honestly a little miracle that the author of something as trite as Girl Saurus also wrote such a masterpiece, only thing it lacks to be absolutely perfect is an epilogue of some kind, but MAN this has nothing to be ashamed with the likes of Fruits Basket or Kare Kanojo.

Dex-chan lover
But why must you foreshadow every bad thing in the very end?
Still, let's just be optimistic that they can pull through every forthcoming trouble and together have one kid or two, till death do them apart. Dream worlds should never have pessimistic endings.

This series destroyed me because of the way the author convey the feeling of each characters and the scary part this happens in real life. I actually don’t regretted reading this manga and I have a hate love relationship of this series. I recommend this series if you are interested to read it.

Overall this was a very good read (initially i had something else written here but it seemed spoilerish)

Nice read. Better than most emo bullshit but
the open ending left much to be desired. For once, just fucking do a sweet ending.

Dex-chan lover
Should you read this? Depends. You like tears right? Seeing them, shedding them, having weird dreams were you wake up with them crusted on your pillow... if so, please read on.

Man that synopsis. If someone recoiled from *my* flirtatious touch, I'd totally take it as a personal affront too

Users who are viewing this thread