Ikinokore! Shachiku-chan

You need to log in to comment.

Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - The Story of an Adult's Sleepover
Avatar
@lasercats @Kevadu taxi's also tend to have increased prices after the last train (for obvious reasons). i remember missing the last train once and to go the distance it takes around 35min to walk a taxi would have cost almost 2500 yen (around 25-26 USD at the time).
Avatar
@lasercats high cost associated with owning a car in a major city, efficiency of the public transportation, traffic, and it being common for the employer to cover the cost of a commuter's pass (and even if they don't they are pretty cheap) would all be reasons. pretty much the only people who own cars in tokyo are those who have a need for it for their job, those who spend a lot of time in the countryside, and/or those who are very wealthy.
Avatar
Overtime is so common that "On Time" feel weird now(lol)
(When Kouhai-chan talking about other people taking the return train only at 5pm, I also zoned out and felt weird like her for a second there...Dang me...)
Avatar
It's a common occurence that the starting price point of taxi (per kilometers) is WAY MORE EXPENSIVE than using public transport. You could get trains or buses with few hundreds yen to get far while using taxi could cost you a thousand yen just for the first kilometer. The only advantages of taxis are they available 24/7, could get you to exactly the front of your destination, and gives you privacy unlike public transports.
Avatar
Depending on where they live a taxi could be very expensive.

That said the last train is typically between midnight and 1am, though for some lines it could be as early as 11. It's generally more of an issue if you're out drinking or something. If you're regularly missing the last train because you stay late at work then you really should get a different job...but that's kind of the whole theme of this manga. I do feel like manga tends to exaggerate the issue though.
Avatar
@Xitel True, I guess I should've asked why they don't use taxis but that option didn't occur to me at all.
Avatar
Damn what's she doing that uses Haskell?
Avatar
@lasercats It's the same reason a lot of people that live in large cities in the US don't own cars (some people who grew up in places like New York don't even have driver's licenses well into their adult lives). A combination of well-planned mass transit systems and lack of parking space options means it's not only feasible to get by with just mass transit and walking, but far more cost effective. Rather than paying for gas, car maintenance, license renewals, insurance, etc., you can just buy a bus or train pass and some good shoes and be able to get 90% of the places you want to go, and taxis/friends will take you to the other 10%.
Avatar
Sheesh, don't roll gachas on other accounts. It would always be like that.
Avatar
Please add Yuri tag, so lewd
Avatar
"everyone's leaving early?"
everyone's leaving ON TIME you dumbo! fuck II hate overtime fuck that.
Avatar
Owning a car in Japan especially if you live in main city like in Tokyo, is really expensive, the taxes, the parking lot fee, etc.
also, public transportation in Japan is really advanced and sufficient so it is just a waste of money if one, still single, don't have his own house and garage, and just back in forth from his home to his office every day and rarely traveling
Avatar
I wonder why none of these people ever buy cars in manga, like if you keep missing the last train buy a goddamn car its not like you have time to spend ur money on anything else if ur lucky you might even crash it and die
Avatar
gay
Avatar
Poor Part-Timer, Lady Luck is an evil bitch.
Avatar
So pure T_T